ayurvedic medicine for hair loss


Voting Results for Amendment

The voting deadline for the short-term rental proposal has expired with insufficient votes to make it official.  The proposal, therefore, fails due to lack of response from homeowners.  Approximately 50% of the homeowners did not vote.  Of the homeowners that did vote, 67.5% were in favor and 32% were against.

2018 Annual Owner Assessment Reminder (New Billing Address)

Everyone should have received their annual assessments letter in the US mail. If you are not using the supplied envelope and use online bill pay, please update the pay to addressAs mentioned at the 2017 Owners meeting the Association’s accounting firm has changed. Payments should be mailed to:

Brittni Place Homeowners Association, Inc.
℅ Villa Rica Tax Service
430 W. Bankhead Hwy
Villa Rica, GA 30180

Rest assured if you send your payment to the PO Box, or to the former accountant, the Association will still get it, however it may take longer to process.

As a reminder the 2018 assessment remains unchanged from last year at $300 per property, but again the Association is offering an early payment discount of $100. Your discount assessment of $200 is due before December 1, 2017. After this date the full $300 assessment will be due.

Again, if your payment is received before December 1, 2017 you will only have to pay $200.

Late fees are charged at a rate of $30 or 10% whichever is greater in accordance with the bylaws of the Association. Late fees will be assessed 10 days after the final/full payment due date of December 31, 2017.

If you have any questions, please contact the Board of Directors at brittni_place@hotmail.com.

2017 Annual Owners Meeting Minutes

Association Meeting Minutes

November 9, 2017

Meeting was called to order at 7:02 PM.  We had 20 properties represented at the meeting.

Introduction – Mark introduced the current HOA Board. Mark Carney, President; Scott Lashley, VP/Treasurer; Doug Hintz, Secretary, Mike Strutton, Trustee; and Jerry Slay, Trustee.  He then discussed the rules for the meeting and stated that we did have a quorum (need 19 properties represented).

Treasurer’s Report – Scott presented the proposed budget for 2018 which would not include any increase in assessment.  It will remain at $300 with an early payment discount of $100.  It was pointed out that the changes from 2017 budget were that Accounting was up; Maintenance was up; Postage was up; Projects was down; and Miscellaneous was zeroed.  We are currently on budget for 2017.

Question was asked why we use an accountant rather than do it ourselves.  It was explained that there was a lot of work to do to pay bills, send out assessments, track payments, file taxes and corporate registrations, and send attorneys updated invoices for legal actions.  In addition, it was pointed out that having an accountant provided some continuity when we have HOA Board transitions.

Question was asked about why we established the projected income as $12,600.  It was explained that this was conservative and assumed everyone paid early to get the $100 discount.  In practice, most do pay early but some pay late and some don’t pay at all (requiring legal action).

Question was asked about why the website was out of date.  It was pointed out that the website editing is done by Mike (unpaid volunteer) and that there hasn’t been sufficient time to focus on the website.  Mike stated that he would endeavor to update this in cooperation with Scott and Doug to get current information posted.

Change in Accountant – It was reported that we made a change in accountants this year due to the price increase by the previous accountant.  When we were made aware of the price increase we rebid the work and found another local accountant in Villa Rica that we chose.  It still resulted in a small increase in monthly fees but significantly less than it would have been had we stayed with the previous accountant.  It should be noted that the previous accountant did a very good job for us so we were not changing due any service issues.

[Paragraph Redacted from Public Web Site] – Owners may contact brittni_place@hotmail.com to request the redacted content

Front Entrance Sprinkler Repairs – It was reported that we did hire a contractor to do some work on our sprinkler system for the front entrance.  We were having a significant charge for water last year and early this year.  To try and reduce that the type of sprinkler head was changed to a lower flow head and they also found 2 breaks that were prepared.  It is hoped that the savings in water usage will pay for the work.  We do experience broken pipes and heads often because vehicles will run up on the curbing and over the heads from time to time when entering and exiting the subdivision.

Front Entrance Lighting – It was reported that both of the light fixtures lighting up the signs are broken but still working.  We are going to replace these lights.  In addition, it was learned that the GFI outlet on the right side does not work and may have been hit by lightning surge.  We will hire an electrician to look at both of these problems.  We do have problems with power surges it seems every year.

[Paragraph Redacted from Public Web Site] – Owners may contact brittni_place@hotmail.com to request the redacted content

Proposed Covenant Change Regarding Short Term Rentals – As a result of the discussion at last year’s annual meeting an amendment was proposed to the covenants that would restrict short term rental of homes while allowing long term (6 months or more) leases.  Homeowners could enter into up to 4 leases each year if leases are terminated early.  This draft amendment was distributed to the homeowners along with a Consent/Rejection form.  Results will not be complete until December 31, 2017.  Currently there have been about 20 responses.  The amendment needs the consent of a minimum of 55 Owners to pass.

Question was asked about why ballots are being mailed to HOA’s P.O. Box and are not to a 3rd party.  It was explained that this is done in accordance with our bylaws and all records are retained as part of the HOA’s documentation. Per the bylaws, only one ballot per lot will be accepted and it must be signed by at least one of the owners of the property in order to be considered proper.

Question was asked about whether a homeowner would be required to submit their lease if they rented a room to their parents since the amendment restricts renting portions of the home.  It was stated that the language was inserted to prohibit a property from becoming a boarding house or halfway house.  This board does not feel that renting rooms to a family member, falls into this category.  One board member explained that with his personal situation in another property, his family member (mother) is “contributing to the household expenses”, and he doesn’t make them sign a formal lease agreement.  An unnecessary lease agreement in this “family” scenario could also create tax burden (consult a CPA for actual guidance on this).  Another homeowner shared that they did live next door to a home that was used as a halfway house where the tenants changed frequently.  This made them feel uncomfortable since they did not know the issues that these tenants were dealing with to cause them to stay at the halfway house.

Question was asked about why the amendment would allow the HOA to evict a tenant.  It was explained that this language was a common tool that is often found in covenant protected properties to allow HOA’s to enforce the rules and guidelines.  It is considered a last resort if other dialogue fails to get compliance with the rules or the Owner is absentee.  It also ensures that any tenant is adhering to the covenants.

Question was asked whether the county has any regulations regarding short term rentals.  It was stated that it does not yet have any regulations governing vacation/short term rentals.

Question was raised about when the minutes of these annual meetings are posted on the website.  While not required to be on a “website” in the bylaws, it was explained that the minutes would be posted as soon as they are completed by the Secretary (and reviewed by the Board).  However, as mentioned earlier in the discussion about the website, this has not been accomplished due to shortage of volunteer time and priority as Owner interest in meeting minutes on the website has rarely/never been inquired about in prior years – probably due to lack of interest.

New LED Security Lights – A homeowner mentioned that they had noticed that the security lights have begun to be changed over to LED’s where they glass is removed after the install making the lights not very attractive.  It was explained that the lights belong to the county and are serviced by Greystone.  They have not contacted the HOA concerning the replacements.  We have often experienced finger pointing between Greystone and Douglas County when trying to get answers about the lights.  We do contact Greystone when lights are out.  Greg and/or Sharon Gianuzzi volunteered to contact both of them to see if we can request a different type of repair that will be more attractive before more of these are replaced.  Currently we have 2 that have been replaced.

Condition of Stop Signs – A homeowner mentioned that the stop signs in the neighborhood are looking faded and bad and asked if there is anything that can be done.  It was stated that Scott had tried to clean them up but it did not result in any significant improvement.  It was mentioned that if we asked the county to replace there was a concern that they may install on their own “universal” post rather than the decorative ones in place (primarily due to them not be high enough).  We could buy our own and install as another option.  Steve Snowe agreed to look into our options.

Condition of Front Entrance Signs – Scott Lashley provided an updated regarding the large Brittni Place logoed inserts in the brick entrance signs. He stated they were continuing to show signs of age and will have to be replaced in the next few years. Doug Hintz also referenced the stucco embellishments atop the brick work has had a history of maintenance issues. The expense for this maintenance is unknown, but Owners should be aware for the coming years.

Mailbox Refurbishment – A homeowner asked if we were going to do the mailbox refurbishment again this year since many mailboxes are showing weathering.  It was reported that that cost the HOA about $50 per mailbox ($4050) last time so it would be a significant chunk from the budget even though the $50 per box is a reasonable price.  There was no interest in trying to do this in 2018 but to rely on individual homeowners to maintain their mailboxes.

Question was asked why we are not using Facebook more for the HOA.  It was stated that we had initially set up a Facebook account but it was not widely used and was therefore discontinued. Also, some Owners were not on Facebook and willing join just for this purpose.

Elections – The floor was opened for nominations for elections for 2018.  There was question about what each officer does and what is required of the volunteer who agrees to serve on the board.  There was some discussion from the current board members explaining what they do and how much time is required.  There were some homeowners who expressed interest but not at this time.  The current board members were confirmed by unanimous vote for another year.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:20pm.

2017 Annual Owners Meeting – November 9th

November 9, 2017
7:00 pmto8:00 pm

The annual Owners meeting will be held on Thursday, November 9th, at 7pm at Ephesus Church.

We encourage all Owners to attend.

2016 Annual Owners Meeting Minutes

Association Meeting Minutes
October 27, 2016

Meeting was called to order at 7:35 PM.  We had 19 properties represented at the meeting.

Treasurer’s Report – Scott presented the proposed budget for 2017 which would not include any increase in assessment.  It will remain at $300 with an early payment discount of $100.  The increase last year was sufficient to keep us in the black this year.  The size of the budget will remain the same with the following adjustments: change insurance to $1150; change office supplies to $100; change water to $1000; and change projects to $4560.

Continue reading ‘2016 Annual Owners Meeting Minutes’

2016 Annual Annual Owners Meeting – October 27th

October 27, 2016
7:00 pmto8:30 pm

The annual homeowner’s meeting will be held on Thursday, October 27th, at 7pm at Ephesus Church.

We encourage all homeowners to attend.

2015 Annual Owners Meeting Minutes

2015 Annual Member’s Meeting Minutes
October 15, 2015

Meeting was called to order at 7:05 PM.  We had 23 properties represented at the meeting.

President’s Report – Mark introduced the current board members.  Then he reported that the number of covenant infractions and lawsuits to collect assessments have generally declined this past year.  He reported that most felt that the overall appearance of the neighborhood is in good condition and some board members had gotten positive reports from potential home buyers.

Continue reading ‘2015 Annual Owners Meeting Minutes’

2015 Annual Owners Meeting – October 15th

October 15, 2015
7:00 pmto8:30 pm

The annual homeowner’s meeting will be held on Thursday, October 15th, at 7pm at Ephesus Church.

We encourage all homeowners to attend.

2014 Annual Owners Meeting Minutes

Association Meeting Minutes
November 13, 2014

Meeting was called to order at 7:05 PM.  We had 12 properties represented at the meeting.

Treasurer’s Report – Doug presented the proposed budget for 2015.  There were a couple of questions.

One question was in regard to attorney fees and how they were repaid.  It was explained that most are recovered in the lawsuits.  Some expenses are not directly attributable to specific homeowners and are just a cost of doing business.

Continue reading ‘2014 Annual Owners Meeting Minutes’

2014 Annual Owners Meeting – November 13th

November 13, 2014
7:00 pmto8:30 pm

The annual Owners meeting will be held on Thursday, November 13th, at 7pm at Ephesus Church.

We encourage all homeowners to attend.